Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 July 2009

The Sound Of Young Ostend

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had picked up a "Best of Belgium 1981" compilation CD in Brussels while on a day trip for work. Well I have finally got round to listening to it and it is better than I had anticipated.

Here are a couple of hits from the Antwerp Underground: "Give Me A Gun" by Lavvi Ebbel and "Crocodile Tears" by Kuruki.

http://www.box.net/shared/dsdtcg2nge

I quite like them but I am not sure whether that is because I really like them or because they sound like a Flight of the Conchords' 1980s parody. Probably the latter.

Here is some more top-notch sophisticated Continental pop from 1981 (you may want to skip the first 15 seconds which just counts it in - for that matter you might want skip all the rest of it. Si Si):

No comments:

Post a Comment