Search This Blog

Sunday 9 August 2009

Six-Pack Of Soul

I was looking back at my recent posts and came to the conclusion that soul music had been badly under-represented. So to make up for it here are songs by six of my favourite male soul singers. You will probably know all the singers but you may not know all the songs.

In no particular order, here are:

"If You Really Love Him" - William Bell
"What Good Is A Lie" - Wilson Pickett
"I'll Be Your Everything" - Percy Sledge
"You're Gonna Love Yourself In The Morning" - Bobby "Blue" Bland
"Party Life" - Johnnie Taylor
"As My Thoughts Go Back To You" - Joe Simon

http://www.box.net/shared/7i4ecgvc0b

If I remember I'll do the same with the ladies next Sunday. In the meantime here is a clip of William Bell performing the classic "You Don't Miss Your Water":

No comments:

Post a Comment