Search This Blog

Thursday 3 September 2009

What Chai?

While ferreting around in the dustier regions of eMusic the other day, I found a number of albums by Thai singer Chai Mueangsing. From an album called "Ruam Hit Pleng Thai Amata Lukthung 3", here is "Dek Aor Aor".

I don't speak Thai, but I assume from the words "Hit" and "3" that the album is the third volume of his greatest hits. I don't know when the song was recorded but from the instrumentation I am guessing it was the 1980s at the earliest - possibly later.

I am also guessing that Chai is the same person as Chai Muansing who is featured on the "Thai Beat A Go Go" series of CDs, which features Thai pop from the 1960s. If there is anyone out there who knows anything about Thai music or the phonetic spelling of Thai in English perhaps you could confirm that. Either way, from Volume 2 here is "Pee Kow Pee Ork".

I have never been to Thailand myself but I know a dissolute aristocrat who visits regularly and has a couple of special "friends" who go by the implausible names of Mr Bond and Browneye. This is dedicated to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment