Search This Blog

Sunday 22 November 2015

Explain Yourself

Tonight Mister F and I are off to deepest Dalston to enjoy - or very possibly endure - some modern Turkish psychedelia. I will report back in due course.

In the meantime here are a couple of tracks from a compilation called "Hard To Explain", which features what the blurb writer calls "funky blues" from the late 1960s through to the early 1980s.

The title track is the pick of the bunch, and we follow it up with some outrageous bragging from Freddie Robinson. I asked some ladies I know if I should adopt this as my theme song. The consensus was that I would need to drop the "er" to make it fit.

"It's Hard To Explain" - Ray Agee 

"The Creeper" - Freddie Robinson

1 comment:

  1. LIke the Ray Agee a lot. Maybe because it sounds like BB's The Thrill is Gone. More soulful blues please Mr Goggins. Matt

    ReplyDelete